It’s an #amwriting blog party!
Posted by Johanna Harness on Jul 28, 2011
I’m posting in three places to celebrate:
It occurs to me that others might want to participate in a progressive blog party with me.
If you’d like to pay tribute to this awesome community and write a blog post for August 3rd, just leave us a link to your blog in the comments below.
To make this a progressive party, please come back here, retrieve the link in the comment just below yours, and add that link to the bottom of your #amwriting birthday post.
Possibilities for posts:
- Tell us how being part of the #amwriting community has impacted your writing life.
- Write a short story or a poem featuring the #amwriting hashtag. (This can be a flash or a very short story or a haiku—anything! Extra points if you make me laugh.)
- Describe someone you met through #amwriting & the impact that person had on you.
- Tell us about a funny conversation on #amwriting. Pick a memory and share it.
- Tell us about a spin-off. Writers often meet through #amwriting and form smaller groups. Have you done that? Tell us about it!
- Draw something related to #amwriting and post it.
- Take a picture of your writing space with #amwriting in the background. Post the picture.
- Double extra points: Yarn bomb something #amwriting-related and post a picture of it.
- Do you have a picture of #amwriting peeps meeting in real life? I love to see those.
Did I mention points? That’s kind of a metaphor. Which is a cheap way of saying there are no prizes. Only fun. I’ll be linking to participants’ posts throughout the day. And you may dance.
* If you do not have a blog of your own and still want to participate: set up a blog post on the #amwriting site! Just follow the directions here (http://bit.ly/writerbio), but choose the category “Happy Birthday, #Amwriting!”
** Quick note: My request for urls is making my spam filter work overtime. I also get a ton of spam, so I don’t want to disable it, but I am double checking all the posts now. If you get caught there, I will rescue your post ASAP! :D
*** The blog party will start at http://www.amwriting.org and the first link will go to Robert (first in the comments).
****Time differences. I’m going to keep the party on my clock, which is Mountain Daylight Time (UTC -6). Please have your post up by midnight, since that will already be late afternoon for some of our participants.
Questions? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org